2020 Getaway Flight – Time to Reschedule… Maybe
As everyone knows, the Coronavirus pandemic has disrupted everything worldwide, and our Getaway schedule is certainly no exception. We attempted to plan for the entire year, thinking that our multi-day trips would require more advance planning that a quick, 1-day Getaway. So much for that idea… We had scheduled a Marble Canyon Getaway for this Saturday, May 23rd. Not happening – it’s postponed again! I am quite sorry about that but it’s difficult to maintain “social distance” around a breakfast table with a bunch of folks who want to talk. So, we’ll waive off for now…
Basically, our Getaway schedule for the rest of the year is completely discombobulated! We had planned on visiting the following places:
- Marble Canyon – breakfast flight to a beautiful, out-of-the-way location
- Moab, UT – Arches and Canyonlands National Parks; 2 nights
- Carlsbad, NM – Carlsbad Caverns; 1 night
- Santa Fe, NM – galleries; enjoy great Mexican food; 2 nights
- Boulder City, NV – tour Hoover Dam; 1 night
- Tucson area – tour Kitt Peak Observatory & UofA Mirror factory; 1 night
- San Diego, CA – Balboa Park, Air & Space Museum; 2-3 nights
Given the nature of the pandemic, we’re going to restart (very) slowly with a simple Getaway to Marble Canyon for breakfast on Saturday, June 27th. (Yes, we know that’s a while from now…) The plan will be the same as before: Arrive at L41 by 9:00 AM (1600Z) and have breakfast at the cafe across the street. Let me know if you’d like to participate. And, if you had planned to participate previously, please reconfirm. Thanks!
Of course, there is the usual caveat for all of our Getaway flights: You are PIC and solely responsible for the safety of you and your passengers.
Questions? Feel free to contact me either by email or cell phone: [email protected] or (480) 776-9358.
Blue skies & tailwinds,
EAA Chapter 1044