Come Fly With Us…
EAA Chapter 1044 schedules numerous fly-outs throughout the year – everything from the short “breakfast run” to extended trips to popular destinations.
For details on past or upcoming extended fly-outs, click on any of the link below.
Upcoming 2018 Fly-Outs
- Jan. 1 – New Year’s Day Breakfast at La Posada, Winslow: If you haven’t eaten at La Posada’s in-house restaurant, you really have missed a great dining experience – informal attire but incredible food! We’ll will taxi from the airport to the hotel.
- Jan. 20-21 – Weekend in Palm Springs, CA: Museums, art galleries, aerial tram to the top of Mt. Jacinto – a quick overnight.
- Feb. 24-26 (or 27) – Whale watching in Baja with an overnight in Alamos at Hacienda de los Santos on the way back north: If you’ve never been up close and personal with a California Gray Whale, this is your chance! And, if you haven’t stayed at Hacienda de los Santos, you’ve missed staying at one of the most luxurious small hotels in North America – amazing food & lodging. (And you can take a Tequila 101 “class” taught by owner and fellow pilot Jim Swickard.) If you are concerned about flying into Mexico, the EAA trip leaders have many (many!) years of experience flying throughout Mexico’s mainland as well as the Baja peninsula.
- Mar. 24 – Tombstone, AZ: Day-long sightseeing trip to visit the wild-west town made famous by Wyatt Earp.
- May 19-20 – Page, AZ: Enjoy a guided tour to see the incredibly picturesque slot canyons on the Indian Reservation. Be sure and bring your camera.
- July 21-22 – Carlsbad, NM: Overnight trip to see the world-famous Carlsbad Caverns; stop in Las Cruces, NM on the way back for a great Mexican food lunch!
- Sept. 14-16 – St. George, UT: Visit Zion National Park – hiking and/or sightseeing by vehicle.
- Nov. 17-19 – Tijuana, MEX: Fly to San Diego, CA and take ground transportation down to Tijuana. Enjoy lunch at Caesar’s restaurant, home of the original Caesar Salad!
While these great Getaway trips are created by EAA 1044, feel free to invite your neighbors and friends along! Part of the EAA’s mission is to promote General Aviation. And, flying to exciting locations with friends is a wonderful way to do just that!
Be sure to check out photos posted from prior trips in our Photo Gallery!